Monday, August 11, 2008

Big Kid

Here it is...

First day of kindergarten. 
First day in the sketchers.
First time wearing the backpack.
First day waiting in line.
First time at the desk.

He was super mad at me that I picked him up instead of letting him ride the bus, but there's always tomorrow. 
He was STARVING when they got home. 

He told me "Mom, kindergarten's not like you think it is." 
Loaded statement. 
He went on..."there's no snack, we didn't learn how to write our letters, my pencil box was too big and we had to be quiet ALL DAY!"
(I wanted to say, "Welcome to school, son", but I held myself back) 
After some coaxing I found out that recess was good, and he likes his teacher, and he got to ask some questions. Not bad for first day. I'm thinking this school thing will catch on, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man is he so handsome! and all grown up (tear) and what really shows he is grown up is the fact that he is smiling in most of the pics instead of making his usual goofy face. What a big boy :) Love him!

Michelle :) said...

you are one hot skinny mama! How exciting, love the pics- poor kid. There's like, 16 more years of that!

Anonymous said...

Can hardly believe it, stinky Linky a school boy already!! I miss our baby Linky but am so proud of our big school boy..When did he get so handsome?? I love you Lincoln, be nice to those cute brothers of yours..

Jules said...

What a handsome kindergartener...wow!! Linky I hope you meet some great new friends and maybe even some girlfriends...ewe. I love you buddy have fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails