Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Terrific Tomato Sauce



I love this tomato sauce. It's simple, a little sweet, and I always have the ingredients in the house. Ben's obviously a big fan too. I save this one for nights when I'm not in the mood to cook, but still want to feed my family well. Add some broccoli and french bread on the side. Tastes great the next day too.  


Terrific Tomato Sauce
1 yellow onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomato paste
2 cans tomato sauce
2 tsp. light brown sugar
2 tbs. olive oil
kosher salt
course black pepper 


1. Boil water and cook 1 lb. angel hair or thin spaghetti 
2. Heat olive oil, saute onion and garlic until soft, approx. 5 min. 
3. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and brown sugar - simmer 15 - 20 min. 
4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails