Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Barrio Star

If you have the word Barrio in the name of your restaurant, I'm a fan. My favorite restaurant when we were Phoenicians was the Barrio Cafe. The guacamole. Oh, the guacamole. In fact, here's an awesome video of how they make their guacamole that I know will have you running to the grocery store. 



But back to my new favorite restaurant that utilizes the word Barrio so well. Barrio Star in Banker's Hill. I've mentioned it before, but feel it deserves a proper review now that I've eaten there. 

John and I "date-nighted" there a few weeks ago with the Scofields. I'd heard from Jessica & Kelly that the Jalapeno Margarita is something special. Sweetened with pureed blackberry....incredible. Next came homemade tortilla chips with guacamole. One of my favorite things of the night was the Mexican Chopped Salad...corn salsa, greens, cheese, tortilla chips, cumin vinaigrette and cilantro ranch. So good. Finished off with Salmon Tacos. (Yes, I really did eat all that.) 

Best of all, the owner of Barrio Star has six different restaurants. Check them out here. Looking forward to trying them all...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails