Wednesday, April 6, 2011
We've been doing "make-your-own" tostadas pretty often around here. We usually have the ingredients on hand, and everyone likes being able to choose their own toppings. Here's how we like to make ours...
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees. Lay tostada shells out on cookie sheet.
2. Heat 1 can of black beans for every 6-8 tostadas. Add in 1/2 c. to 1 c. pico de gallo or other salsa, depending on how much spice you like. As the mixture heats, use a potato masher to blend and thin.
3. Chop up/dice/grate the following ingredients: cheddar or mexican blend cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato or additional salsa, green onions, cilantro.
4. Add sour cream or this Cilantro Cream.
5. Heat tostadas for 3-5 minutes. Spoon on the bean mixture. Add the rest of your ingredients. Top with the sour cream or drizzle with cilantro cream. Enjoy!