Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some days are better than others...

So, yesterday was an A+, red letter day...fun friends, good work, and felt a sense of accomplishment all day long...could have been the quad shot americano I had in the morning, but really I think it was just a good day.
Today, however, is the opposite kind of day where I'm still in my lint covered sweat pants at noon, and my toes look like something out of the HOBBIT (see below). How does one day look so different than the next? Not to complain, but just a glimpse...

My flat screen TV broke after one year of ownership and all I want to do today is watch Design Star re-runs. Or House Hunters.

The TV repair guy looked like he might not bring my TV back. Ever. 

I made an adorable diaper tote for a customer, and finished it to notice that it was one inch too short for the wipes. Oops. Redo.

I'm horribly hungry, and almost shoved my face into the mac n cheese I made for the kids for lunch. Low carb diets suck. 

My grateful 5 year old announced that his mac n cheese "isn't the cheesiest". I didn't argue, cause it was a sub-par batch.

I just finished five loads of laundry, only to notice another five waiting in the wings. 

Ok, so that's enough complaining. Light at the end of the Tunnel...
(see below)


Girls' night scheduled tonight at Postino. Had to have a sampler at 12:01pm today. Anything before noon is just wrong. 
This face...he looks at me like this all day long. No matter how I look, act or smell. He's wonderful...even all snotty and drooly.
I guess this day isn't so bad after all. 

5 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

It's funny how days can be so different. But it sounds like you're going to fix that with a girls night out! Rick even noticed how "decked" out you were when you left!

Michelle :) said...

i think your toes are nice. your blog is fun! I love that sweet baby face.

the end :) Happy girls night. WHOO!

Anonymous said...

That is one cute cute baby boy you got there, wow and 2 big teeth already, kind of advanced don't ya think?? Miss all 3 of those cute boys.. grandma

Anonymous said...

Ok so about the macaroni...I can tell you how to get it the cheesiest, I used this trick with Lincoln all the time...Let him add the cheese and then add a little bit of milk to his own bowl...works like a charm! :)

jen byard said...

thanks for the tip Jessie, he does always compare mine to yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails