Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hotel Bed


One of my favorite things to do is go for a night to a swanky hotel with my husband. Since we don't get to do that so often anymore, I'm going for that look and feel at home. Do you think I'm getting there? I made this duvet cover last night out of 600 thread count sheets (Tuesday Morning rocks) and a down comforter. I added an extra thick mattress pad and new sheets over top of that. New pillows and tailored bed skirt. I'll add a little color with pillows when my fabric gets here, but what do you think so far? It totally feels like the Biltmore to me. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love white! We're just to dirty :) Looks great.

Michelle :) said...

I had to look up the word swanky because it reminded me of janky and I couldn't imagine anyone enjoying a janky hotel.

–adjective, swank·i·er, swank·i·est. elegant or ostentatious; swank.

that is definitely a swanky look. very nice, very nice! sounds comfy!!!

jen byard said...

yeah, I've been putting on socks before I get on the bed so I don't wreck it! Bleach :)

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

VERY nice Jen! You have been busy busy!-
A little more comfy than Africa I bet! Are you going to Yoga tomorrow?

jen byard said...

Yep, I'll be there! I'm loving yoga...

Everhart Family said...

Deluxe! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the floor!, bed looks nice too but the floor is a great improvment, that carpet WAS so gross :)

Anonymous said...

wow Jen looks so o o o nice, but WHITE you are such a brave girl, really looks good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails