Friday, September 17, 2010

Decorating with Grey



My favorite article in this month's Real Simple this is Decorating with Grey. I'm going on a three-year love affair with grey, and if you know me, that's a long time. The kitchen is my favorite room of the house since painting it Martha's Bedford Grey. It's light and airy in the day and broods a bit a night. (nice sentence, right?) 


Grey and yellow go together like peas and carrots. (I feel the same about light blue and red, but that's another post) I have to get my hands on this yellow side table from IKEA. I keep running across this paint color, Elephant's Breath, by Farrow & Ball. Maybe for the bathroom? My all time favorite grey if you want one with a gob of Taupe in it is Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore. Looks great in any room. 


Grey, you'll never go out of style. (Or at least not until next year)

1 comment:

mikeandmelissafisher said...

I like gray too. I'm considering a dark blue bottom/light gray top paint job for my kids' bedroom...and then Star Wars posters and decals to accent. I can't do a chair rail because of our curved walls, so I'm in search of another option. Might have to stick with the wallpaper "chair rail" (even though they can be tacky).

Let me know if you come across anything Star Wars, I'm just beginning the search.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails