Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer in Chicago

Have you visited Chicago in the summer? It was so much more than I expected. Love this city. Especially loved being alone with John for three days. 

I truly did enjoy every minute, but here's my Chicago "Top Ten"...

10. Shopping. Magnificent Mile, Old Town, Armitage Ave...
9. Walking through the old neighborhoods, looking at houses and acting like locals
8. Pizza at Giordano's 
7. The Architectural Boat Tour. Maybe sounds like a snoozer, but such an interesting tour up the Chicago River. 
6. Riding bikes through Lincoln Park, the Zoo and Lakeshore Drive. 
5. Sampling local beer and food at Randolph Street Fair (west loop). They even had a guy serving Starbucks out of the spout. Heaven. This is where I'd live if I was a Chicagoan. 
4. Birthday dinner at Tavern on Rush. Strawberry blonde martini. Yum. 
3. Riding the ferris wheel and seeing an awesome fireworks display at Navy Pier on my birthday
2. Brunch at Bistro Zinc on Rush Street. Best french cafe in town. My favorite street in Chicago. 
1. Wrigley Field, Cubs vs. Yankees! What an experience. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails