Friday, March 2, 2012

Ciao Cupcake


There's nothing better than a fancy, loaded cupcake after a 5K. Linc and I treated ourself after Max and Jake's Big Race this weekend, and boy, were we glad we did. Ciao Cupcake did not disappoint. 

I was a bit nervous based on my previous cupcake truck experiences (too much fluffy frosting, not enough yummy cake), but we decided to give it a go. It helped that their menu boasted of winning on Cupcake Wars, but I still needed a taste test. We decided to go with the Salty Sweet and the seasonal Blood Orange Ricotta. Both excellent choices if I do say so myself. 

Personal favorite was the chocolate, peanut butter, salted caramel creation, Salty Sweet. It had just enough caramel drizzled over the most delicious italian buttercream frosting. The cake was perfectly done and just enough to balance out the frosting. Yum. Yum. Yum.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for another run-in with this organic mobile cupcakery. (did I just make that up?) Nicely done.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails